NOTTSVIEWS PLACES TO VISIT IN NOTTINGHAMSHIRE
HOME PLACES TO VISIT CONTACT
 
Thoresby Hall and Park
 
Thoresby HallThoresby Park was founded by Robert Pierrepont the 1st Earl of Kingston-upon-Hull in 1633, he was killed in the English Civil War in 1643 but it was his son Henry the 2nd Earl who built the first grand house about 1670.
In the years that followed the house was rebuilt twice, the present Thoresby Hall built by Sydney Pierrepont, the 3rd Earl Manvers, was completed in 1871. Thoresby Hall is now a luxury hotel.
 
Courtyard EntranceThe former stable block which is now home to courtyard shops, cafe and visitor centre, art gallery and military museum which covers the history of the British Cavalry from horseback to the present day.
The statue of Robin Hood is by Tussaud-Birt a grandson of Maddam Tussaud.
 
View of the house and parkland from the bridge crossing the River Meden.
Further down the river is a small waterfall.
 
 
Thoresby Hall and Park 2019
 
 
 
 
Sources for Thoresby Park
 
Thoresby Park for more information.
 
 
Wikipedia about Thoresby Hall.
 
 
Opening Times; The park is currently open seven days a week 10.00am-5.00pm, check the Thoresby Park website for changing seasonal times and Courtyard shops opening times.
 
 
To view an online map click here
 
 
Top of page
 
 
Terms and Conditions
 
HOME PLACES TO VISIT CONTACT
All Images 2018/2020 John Beres