NOTTSVIEWS PLACES TO VISIT IN NOTTINGHAMSHIRE
HOME PLACES TO VISIT CONTACT
 
Clumber Park
 
Clumber Park has more than 3,800 acres of parkland, heath, woods and a lake, it was home to the Dukes of Newcastle for over 300 years.
In 1946 Clumber Park was bought by the National Trust and opened the park for the public, the park is a great place for walking and cycling.
 
 
Main entrance to Clumber ParkMain entrance to Clumber Park, off the A614.
 
 
Lime Tree AvenueThe Lime Tree Avenue planted in 1840 is the longest double avenue of it's kind in Europe at over 2 miles long.
 
 
Clumber BridgeClumber Bridge, built in the 1760's over the river Poulter which was dammed to form Clumber Lake.
Clumber Lake, known as the Serpentine Lake took 15 years to build.
 
 
St Mary's ChurchSt. Mary's Church, the chapel was built in a gothic style between 1886 and 1889.
 
 
Clumber ParkClumber House was originally built between 1760 and 1770 for the 2nd Duke of Newcastle, the house was eventually pulled down in 1938 but there are still a few reminders of where the house once stood.
 
 
Walled kitchen gardenThe Walled Kitchen Garden was built in 1772 to supply the Dukes of Newcastle with fresh fruit and vegetables.
Entrance to the walled kitchen garden is free of charge.
 
 
Clumber Park, October 2020.
 
 
 
 
Sources for Clumber Park
 
National Trust official website for more information, parking, opening times, entrance charges and more.
 
 
Wikipedia about Clumber Park.
 
 
To view an online map click here
 
 
Top of page
 
 
Terms and Conditions
 
HOME PLACES TO VISIT CONTACT
All Images 2018/2020 John Beres